One of the cultural heritage of the Belgian city of Namur is the home of butchers. This is an authentic building was constructed in 1588-1590 years, according to the drawings of Hermann van Vagemakera, which is known to be involved in the construction of the Cathedral of Our Lady of Antwerp. The architect believed that any building, regardless of its purpose, has the right to be beautiful.
This abattoir is built of red brick and white stone. The stones become dull over time and dust, but the building has not lost its beauty. Vagermaker did everything to make this building in front of us appeared in the form of strict routine Gothic. The interior of the building is fully consistent with its purpose. The lower floor is a large room with raised windows and stone floors. Rib vaults subtly interwoven that overshadowed the zone section of carcasses.
In the Belgian city walks a lot of rumors regarding this building. If you believe any of them, the building was built on the waterfront to the rivers of blood flowed in the butchering of street directly into a river. Because of this blood roadway was dark red and the color is not changed for centuries.
But the purpose of this building is not limited to the sale of meat. The upper floors of the building were reserved for various celebrations and business advice. Today this area is the Museum of History, Archaeology and Applied Arts.
The house was built around the butchers area parades. The left wing of the Exchange, located on the square tower of St. James is located. Here is the only tower in the city.